L&J Releases Best Authority Version 3
LEVIT & JAMES, INC. RELEASES BEST AUTHORITY VERSION 3,
OFFICIAL DEBUT AT LEGALTECH NEW YORK NEXT WEEK
Completely Rebuilt Table of Authorities Software is Dramatically Faster,
Easier to Use and Tracks Citation Revisions
LEESBURG, VA – January 22, 2013 – Levit & James, Inc. (www.levitjames.com) announced today that it has officially released Best Authority 3.0, a top-to-bottom rebuild of its industry-leading Table of Authorities (TOA) software. The company will demonstrate this breakthrough software at next week’s LegalTech New York show January 29-31 at the New York Hilton (booth #518.)
Fletcher James, President of Levit & James, remarked, “Best Authority 3.0 is a total transformation of the software – a huge leap forward. The software can scan and find all the citations in a 50-page brief in seconds. With Best Authority 3.0, legal professionals who previously spent hours creating a TOA can now dispatch one in minutes. The unparalleled accuracy and reliability of Version 2 have been carried forward, while every other aspect of performance and ease-of-use has been improved.”
Best Authority 3.0 includes a brand-new Citation Revision Tracking feature, which pinpoints citations added, changed or deleted due to author revisions. It also offers a TOA Preview, so that users can now see an image of the finished TOA, updated live as they proofread and edit. Other highlights of Best Authority 3.0 include:
• Remarkable Speed – Scan performance is outstanding even for 10,000 citations.
• Easier Proofing – Version 3.0’s Review of Citations and Authorities is now even easier to use. Citations are color highlighted in the document and are easily compared to the TOA Preview.
• Powerful Search Feature – Best Authority allows you to instantly locate citations by text or other attributes.
• Editing – Version 3.0 makes it even easier to edit citations in the document and make changes to the TOA’s text or formatting.
• Undo – If you make a mistake, simply use the Undo to roll back the change.
• Document History – An audit trail records every editing session and action. This is great not only for troubleshooting, but also for trainers who wish to see whether users are taking full advantage of Best Authority’s advanced features.
According to Valerie Pickel, Training and Applications Support Manager at Hinshaw & Culbertson, “Best Authority Version 3 is an amazing improvement. The scan process is lightning fast and I really like the right-click options. Great job on this upgrade!”
Ian Levit, Vice President for Marketing and Sales, added, “Best Authority is the TOA software of choice for nearly 80% of the 100 largest U.S. law firms. We are the undisputed market leader in our category.”
For more information about Best Authority 3.0, visit http://www.levitjames.com/Products/Best-Authority.aspx.
About Levit & James, Inc.
Levit & James, Inc. is a Microsoft Certified Partner with a Gold ISV/Software Competency based in Leesburg Virginia, and is a leading provider of Legal Software. For 25 years, Levit & James’ customers, including government agencies, law firms, corporations, and individual users, have benefited from the company’s thoughtful and time-saving word-processing utilities.
Levit & James has produced a wide spectrum of useful software applications for the legal industry, including Best Authority, CrossTown, CrossWords, CrossEyes, CrossFingers and Stylizer. Nearly 80% of the top one hundred U.S. law firms use Best Authority for their TOA needs. For more information, please call Ian Levit at 703.771.1549, visit www.levitjames.com or email email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter @levitjames.